Portfolio Piece 2 (week 4)

This week I was supposed to complete my portfolio piece inspired from FIFA volta's Milano pitch. This time I am behind the schedule but on the other hand there are a lot of things that I learnt while going through the creation of this process. The biggest learning of all was substance designer. I finally overcome my fear of picking designer up and working its darkest secrets. Making materials took more time than I actually expected but I think this start is worth it and I know that designer will help me create a lot of interesting materials in the future.
I created materials for a brick wall/surface, concrete surface and grass. Although the grass material looks stylised, I think I will be able to get away with it since it will only be seen from afar. Here are how the materials and their nodes look:










After this I textured the pillar that I sculpted last week, which looks like this:

I sculpted the banners to look like cloth in Zbrush. This was my first time messing with surface which looks like cloth and after trying a few brushes I got the look I was going for. The result came out like this:

Finally I created some decals for logos that I can place around the areas as per the references. I created the PNGs in photoshop and brought them over to UE4 to use them as textures for creating decals. They look like this: