Portfolio Piece 1 (Setting up references and finalising project)

First class of this semester and we are delighted that we will be working on personal projects for this semester. Since I want to do environment art I chose this environment piece that I wanted to do for a long time now. This subway scene has really interesting lighting and brings forth the idea of creating modular pieces. The main reference image that I will try to re-create is below: 


I gathered some other references for inside of the train:


There was a subway train artwork done by Clinton Crump on artstation. I got references from that as well:


For the same I think I will follow the following workflow:

Week 1
 - Proxy/Block out the environment

Week 2

- Complete block out in Maya and set up in UE4

- Start high res for the pieces

Week 3 

- Complete high res and bakes

- Start texturing

Week 4

- Complete texturing

- Presenting in UE4


Progress after week 1


A screenshot of the block out from UE4