Ship Interior Environment (Week 1)

This week we started working on a ship interior environment as a group of 5. We were given an already established scene in UE4 but the catch was to export the given shapes and make your own proxies and then start a high res for the same. We were told to follow Orb's style of shapes and detail for all the meshes and objects we create. I was assigned floor tiles with textures initially but then we worked out the assignments and I got barrel and staircase. I gathered some references for wooden barrels which look as following:


Using the references I created the low res/proxy:


As for the staircase, to keep the style consistent I went for wooden staircase references and went onto create a proxy using the following references:

Using the above references I created a proxy for the staircase which looks like below:



 I ended up replacing the actors in the UE4 scene by simply placing the meshes in the content browser and using the replace option to quickly replace the meshes at the exact same spot.