Ship Interior Environment (Part 2)

This week we were supposed to complete high res for our proxy assets that we completed last week. I was in-charge of the barrel and the staircase. So for this week I added detail on the barrel wood as I added cracks and slashes to make it look close to wooden texture. To give it slightly grainy look I used the skin brush to add texture on the wood. For the circular rings around I added a hammered metal texture using the Orb brush. The barrel looked like below in the end:


For the stairs I wasn't sure what I should sculpt because generally the handle bars and the sides of the stairs are plain. So I added a little sculpt detail on the steps and a little information on the handle. I will add information during texturing in Substance painter so that it looks like wood. As of now the staircase look like below: