Portfolio Piece (Week 4) Final Submission

This week we had to complete our first personal project and present it in engine. The amount of stuff that I learnt from this project was immense. The toughest problem I faced was re-creating clean reflections and textures while keeping the lighting of the scene intact.
For reflections I tried creating a warped normal map in Substance Designer and blend it with asset's normal but it didn't work so I ended up hand painting the height and adding height map to the objects. For reflections, I learnt that lighting metals is a really tough job if the scene is an interior scene. Hence I cheated my way and took the forbidden path of giving a decimal value to metallic. This gave me desired results.Even though I wanted to work with Ray tracing, but it was so costly that I had to shy away from it as of now. I will work a little more on this scene and try to get the seat cushions right. After that I will be able to call my scene complete.

Unreal Engine 4

Detail lighting


Modular Pieces